Time & Location
About the Event
This is a free event sponsored by the U.S. Economic Development Administration and brought to you through a partnership between Orlando's Starter Studio and The Tampa Bay Wave - two leading Florida non-profit tech startup accelerators. This is an introductory and educational event for accredited investors* on the topic of investing in early stage tech-enabled companies.
This educational event is intended for potential investors that may or may not have invested in an early stage tech company but have some interest or curiosity to learn more. At this event we will cover the topics of:
- Why invest in early stage tech companies versus other investment opportunities?
- What is unique about early stage tech companies in Florida and what are the success stories?
- What are the risks and downsides to investing in early stage tech companies?
- What are the different stages of growth and investment for early stage tech companies?
- What should you look for, the investment decision criteria for in an early stage tech company?
- What are the typical terms and timelines for investing in early stage tech companies?
- What are the different ways I can invest (i.e. individually, group investing, funds, etc.)
- Who are the organizations that facilitate investing in early stage tech companies in Florida?
- Where can I find and meet early stage tech companies in Florida?
- And more...
The presenters will be experienced professionals with years of working with and investing in early stage tech companies.
Doors open at 5:00PM with hors d'oeuvres & beverages served. The program will begin promptly at 5:45PM and end promptly at 6:45PM followed by a brief open Q&A session. Those that wish to stay after the program for one-on-one questions are welcome. Specific parking and building entry instructions will be sent via email to those that RSVP.
*Accredited investors are defined by the U.S. SEC as having a net worth of at least $1MM, excluding the value of one's primary residence, or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year.